Already have a Username/Password for Studies in Social Justice?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text, if submitted to a peer-reviewed section (e.g., Articles), has had the authors' names removed. Identifying information such as institutional affiliation and acknowledgements have been removed. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- The abstract is clear and accurate. Prospective referees are invited to review a manuscript on the basis of its title, abstract, and references; they are unlikely to accept if the abstract is uninformative or poorly-written.
Authors of papers submitted to peer-reviewed sections of the journal are encouraged to recommend up to four potential reviewers in the “comments for the editor” box below. Recommending well-qualified arms-length reviewers can expedite the review process, and help to ensure expert reviews. Please provide names, affiliations, and if possible email addresses and homepage urls. Journal editors will contact recommended reviewers at their discretion.
- Reviewers recommended by the author meet the following arms-length requirements: (a) they are not affiliated with the author’s academic institution, (b) they have neither supervised nor been a student of the author, (c) they have not co-authored publications with the author in the past five years, (d) their work has not appeared in the same edited publications as the author’s work in the past five years, and (e) they do not have a personal relationship with the author.
Articles are published in Studies in Social Justice under the Creative Commons "Attribution/Non-Commercial/No Derivative Works" Canada licence.
The copyright for the articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Studies in Social Justice will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Studies in Social Justice);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Studies in Social Justice;
- by virtue of its appearance in this open access journal, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Studies in Social Justice as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.